This weekend was wonderful. Perfect, really. Last weekend I was hazy, asleep on my feet, and on major overload. This weekend was effortless, one thing fading perfectly into another. Friday was a great day in and of itself. Kim and Emily were off on a safari (I'm waiting a bit...wasn't quite ready to take it all in during my first week and I want to make the most of when I do go to the Mara), so Amanda and I had a few girls spend the night after a VERY productive and encouraging work day. We also hit up my first African market experience where I took in my share of tribal masks, elephant and giraffe figures, beads, etc and tried my hand at market bargaining. It was a bit overwhelming, but a really cool experience--I have no doubt shopping for gifts this Christmas will be the easiest thing EVER). Saturday I slept in and then went to
Westgate, a mall SO very like a mall in the States that it's ridiculous. I guess a mall is a mall...I bought a few last things on my list for my room Lexification project. It's almost ready for its debut party. Seriously. More on that later. Saturday afternoon I went putt putting with my new friends Nick, Jane, and Joe at the
Village Market, which is our local open air shopping center. It really reminds me CA...like a Kenyan version of the Grove. Yeah, I'm not roughing it so much here people. :) They have a bowling alley, movie theater, putt putt, a mini water park, and tons of shops and restaurants. Sadly Jane and I lost to the boys by 3 tiny points, but at least yours truly scored (the only) hole-in-one. Yay. We had a blast and then went out for an AMAZING, delicious Ethiopian meal with Stephen, Jason and Andrew at Habesha. I knew I was going to love it from the moment they brought out our appetizer of popcorn. POPCORN. At a nice restaurant. Served with strong Ethiopian coffee. Oh yum. We then feasted on a few dishes I haven't yet mastered pronouncing, let alone spelling, all with our hands. It was SO good. Nick, Jane, and Joe stayed at the house (they live outside of the city and come in for the weekends) and we all went to church this morning and followed that up with lunch at Village Market. I'm now enjoying my first rain, which thankfully I just beat home from my workout...with an unplanned jog at the end to avoid getting drenched. Tonight is catching up with Kim, Emily and our weekend guest Michael to hear all about their safari, and perhaps a little Mad Men thrown in there somewhere.
Last but not least, two delightful things: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZOEY!!! Can't believe my little Z-Boo is 4 years old today. She had a Princess party yesterday and loved every second of it. Also, welcome to the world sweet little Evie Claire Prusa--Robert and Anna had their second daughter this week. She's about 9 weeks early, so she and the Prusa's would love your prayers. Mama and baby are doing well though, and I can't wait to meet her one of these days. :)
ps...sorry no pictures from the weekend. I keep forgetting my camera, will try harder this week.
xo
No comments:
Post a Comment