Today, I lived here.
I visited our office, and met some of our Blue Sky Adventure Staff.
I learned some Swahili.
I went grocery shopping.
Not only do they have my light cheese wedges, all the ingredients for my favorite soup, AND Haribo Star Mix, my sister will be relieved to know they have plenty of this...
I bought a bedside lamp, and some shades for my hanging light bulbs in the ceiling. Yes, they are pink. And yes, I have photos lining my desk mirror. In the States this decorating would pass for dorm room passable. Here, it is downright chic. Trust me.
Yes, I know this picture is out of focus. That's because I'm not quite ready to show off my room yet. Patience, people, I have more decorating to do.
I even went to see a movie, in the yellow Defender, a beast of a vehicle that is truly a Kenyan experience. Let's just say, if they make me learn to drive this thing, I'll be singing "Jesus take the wheel" nonstop. At the top of my lungs. While crying for my Mommy...
Tuta Onana!
"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your won doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them."

I am so SO glad you brought your comforter. You wouldn't be Lexi without it, I mean you would because you have Jesus, but you wouldn't! :) AND I wanted to tell you that I started buying Trader Joe's Dish soap and every time I wash dishes I think of you. So happy for you. SO. HAPPY.
ReplyDelete