I hope ya'll are reading eLF's blog...iLobster? AHmazing!
So, I have to confess I wasn't exactly sure what to do with this topic. Does mmm mean "yum" or "what?" or "sexy fog"? Not sure. But when I woke up this morning I knew that this would be my topic today, and that somehow, I would find a way to make it about the awesome dream I had last night.
It was vivid, and I remember the ENTIRE thing. Disclaimer: although I believe in prophetic dreams, I can't say I've ever had one. This definitely wasn't one, but you know me (or you don't...blogathon success!)--i LOVE a good metaphor, ESPECIALLY if it relates to my relationship with Jesus. (I know, that is a silly, typical picture of my Lord, but HEY! I like it! I'm a sheep, remember?)
So this was my dream. Basically, I got a new job. I had a HUGE office, and was obviously a big wig...anywho, on my first day on the job, some people from JCrew showed up and wanted me to give them 5 styled outfits that represented my life. I know, my new job rocked! I opened the closed that was OBVIOUSLY in my new office with all my clothes and whipped up the examples. Flash forward to the next day. I arrive at my office (can I also interject that in my dream, I had NO CLUE what I was supposedly hired to do...awkward!)what do I find but an amazing closet of my dreams. I was going to post an example picture, but I think your imagination is up to the challenge. The closet was lined with beautiful dark wood drawers, cabinets (some with glass doors), shoe drawers, purse displays, an amazing mirror, a flat screen TV (?). And it was filled with clothes, purses, shoes--and they were all MADE for me. My style. My size. From 5 sample outfits they had figured me out to a T. It's Ionic that it was JCrew and not Anthro, but obviously my dream was less than sensical. As I looked through in wonder, my new co-workers stopped by to share in my glee. We went through everything. We opened ever drawer, and discovered that there was even a fridge stocked with yummy food and drinks, including little tropical fruits filled with sorbet and topped with flowers. The entire thing was ornate, fantastical, it was a dream come true.
And then I woke up. I'd like to tell you that I immediately realized the parallel to my relationship with God and thanked him for it. But no, my first inclination was to feel epic disappointment. It wasn't real. Of course that would never happen. But I am just materialistic and fashion-obsessed to wish that maybe it had been real.
But then later, as I mused upon the dream it did occur to me that it IS kind of like God. He knows me better than I know myself. He knows every need, every desire, every dimension. And he provides--maybe not what I would pick out myself or what I asked for, but the end result is far beyond my wildest dreams. He renovates, he refreshes, he makes me into what I am supposed to be.
No, he is not the purse Santa--but what he brings is real, it's living water, it's strength in my weakness. And it is absolutely not a dream!
2 Corinthians 4:16-18
16Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
No comments:
Post a Comment