17.1.10

2. My Library

My mom and grandma have become really into their Kindles. I think the idea is really cool, and if I traveled a lot I would definitely want one. For Christmas one of my dreams came true, and one of the first things I did was get a free app of Jane Eyre, which I read in book form and then would take a chapter or two on McMac (yes, that's my iPhone's name) when I was waiting at the car wash, etc. It was really small type, but oh so fun!

But honestly, nothing compares to holding a book, turning the pages, the smell of the paper. Ahhhhhh! But you know what is even better? Reading an old favorite with a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice and a decadent chocolate cupcake...wearing pink slippers!







Some day, I hope I have a library like the one in Beauty and the Beast, with curly staircases up to the top level, a huge fireplace, leather chairs, an amazing globe and lots of atlases!

Here is a list, in no particular order, of some books that have meant a lot to me:

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Emily San
Jane Eyre
The Outlander Series
Christy
Gone with the Wind
Hard Times
Crime and Punishment
Babysitters club
Nancy Drew
Boxcar Children
A Swiftly Tilting Planet and the other 3 Madeline L'Engle books
Harry Potter
The 11th Hour
House of Leaves (the SCARIEST book I've ever read)
The Count of Monte Cristo
CS Lewis--Narnia, Mere Christianity, The Great Divorce, Space Triology
The Crucible
The Importance of Being Ernest
Lord of the Rings

No comments:

Post a Comment