Well here we are at the end! 10 posts in 11 days. I have to say it was really fun and hopefully will jumpstart my 'blogging' year in a great way.
The last topic eLF gave me was Little Britian. I didn't even know what it was until I googled it and voilĂ ! It's a pretty stupid and mind numbing TV series. Aside from the famous 'computer says no' clip I HAD actually seen on YouTube before, I don't really have much to say...
By way of word association, last night I was at a little pub celebrating a dear friends Bday. It was fairly British in feeling and had map of England on the wall...hence little Britian?
Somewhere in the midst of celebrating, one of my best friends from college, let's call her 'Heidi', read us a text message she had sent a guy who had taken her out that she wasn't really interested in. It started with a brief chitchat line I can't remember, then thanked him for the dinner. Then the gem:
'Soooooo...I've recently reconnected with someone from my past. Aghhhh. Things are pretty confusing right now'
Bless his heart, his response: 'do you want to talk about it?'
and bless HER heart, she didn't realize how unclear her message was until we were dying laughing around the table. I mean, did she just meet her dad for the first time? Meet a long lost sister? Or see an old boyfriend and get confused?
I'm not condeming or condoning her text. Basically, I just thought we could all benefit from the melodramaticness--
'i've recently reconnected with someone from my past...'
AND don't discount the 'soooooo'
Trust me, Heidi is wonderful, and I think we've all been there. Just like Jake on The Bachelor, sending home 2 extra girls in one night. We feel your pain Jake. Maybe you can use this line next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment