8.3.09

Reassurance

"Well, you can't hold back all the crazy"--

My friend Scott's earnest attempt at reassurance, responding to my inability to remain "serious and mysterious" in front of a crush. So true, so true.

This only two weeks after my friend's dad (whom I admire and respect) told me I may need to leave the country in order to be better appreciated and understood by the opposite sex.

Perhaps I should take a nod from my Pleistocene ancestors, whom according to my psychology book had very different evolutionary mating principles--"They lived in small bands, and if they were lucky they might get to choose between Urp and Ork, and that's about it; they could not hold out for some gorgeous babe or handsome millionaire down the road" (do I need to reference this? perhaps my mysterious follower RbGzABcwkooblahblahblah is a spy for the MLA police? That's right secret person, I am calling you out).

Either way, I think we can all learn a lot from Scott, Urp, and Ork...or not.

1 comment: