At they gym this morning I was watching the TV without the sound, pretty much ignoring the important CNN updates and focusing only on the commercials. I love my Tivo, but I do occasionally miss all the hilarious ads that I no longer get to make fun of--this morning I caught two real gems. The first was an ad for some sort of cookie. My attention was grabbed by all these people with before and after weight loss pictures, some of whom had lost over 100 pounds. The funny part was that unlike other weight loss ads I've seen, these people were EATING during their testimonial. Seriously, they were putting bites in their mouths and then talking. If only I could have heard the sound...Anyways apparently this ad is for some magical system of cookies that make you lose weight. I call them magical because the ad showed an animation of all TYPES of stuff being poured into these cookies--fruits, nuts, pieces of wheat, granola, all being poured with milk into a square wonder cookie, that I'm guessing makes you lose weight as long as you only eat the cookies every day for 3 months. I am loving this new cookie make of milk and 20 billion other things that will help me lose 100 pounds--if only I had been able to write down the phone number...Do you think I could eat these cookies whilst wearing my Snuggy?
The other ad was for...who am I kidding, I don't know what the ad was for...something financial...and it had this adorable red piggy bank hopping all over the screen eating little dollar symbols. Every time he ate one, he got fatter, until he was so fat he filled up the whole screen and sort of rolled around (there was even a flying dollar sign, but he caught that too!) I swear, if I could actually remember what this company was (HSBC??? Something like that?) I would go out and buy whatever they sell, because darn it if their adorable red piggy didn't capture my heart.
So basically today I learned that eating money will make you fat, but cookies will help you lose 100 pounds.
Speaking of cookies, I do have to say one more thing--Oh elusive once-a-year Girl Scout Cookies! You are hard to get, and that makes me want you all the more! I'm really not sure if you taste that great, or if I only love your mystery and intrigue...
Apparently it is HSBC, which I have of course heard of and yes I know what a bank is. I blame the elliptical...
ReplyDeleteYes, they really are that yummy! Dow bought me a box of Tagalongs AND Thin Mints from someone at his office and I am really enjoying them - esp. the frozen thin mints!!!
ReplyDelete