You most likely know that I'll be moving to Kenya in February, and many of you know a lot of the reasons why and the road I've taken to get where I am right now. Even so, it's been on my heart lately to explain in more depth what has gone on in my heart and in my life this past year, if for no other reason than to bear witness to the insurmountable provision, love and joy that God has poured into me, and a new purpose to which he has called me to. I also know I'll have people join in on the journey at different points, and I wanted a reference point to be able to "catch them up" when they say, you're moving to where??? WHY? I will be the first to say I was not who you might first think of when it comes to work in Africa. :)
But it's happening, and I am thrilled/excited/uncertain/determined/at peace and riled up all at once. Over the next few days I'd like to paint you a picture of this adventure I'm on--past, present, and future. I'm excited to share it with you--it will be a personal and in depth journey as fair warning, and it's bound to include no less than 3 major life analogies, at least one Lexi motto, and perhaps a reference to a unicorn or narwhal. Would you expect any less?
Psalm 18:28-33
"For it is you who light my lamp; the Lord my God lightens my darkness. For by you I can run against a troop, and by my God I can leap over a wall. This God--his way is perfect; the word of the Lord proves true; he is a shield for all those who take refuge in him. For who is God, but the Lord? And who is a rock, except our God?--the God who equipped me with strength and made my way blameless. He made my feet like the feet of a deer and set me secure on the heights."
No comments:
Post a Comment