14.8.09

Life Lessons from a Purse

My mom bought me an amazing surprise purse present (sounds like a weird my little pony name...) and on the inside it had this chic little paper booklet of information about the brand, the purse, etc. Part of what they wrote is the following, and I loved it because:

1. It is a genius way of saying "hey that expensive purse you just bought? when it starts to look beat up, don't worry, that just means you are even cooler than you were before"--very smart

and

2. You know how much I love a good metaphor--I think it is self explanatory how my new little purse reflects my life. Enjoy!

"The foil, originally glossy, becomes increasingly opaque with wear and time, providing the object with an appearance which is beautiful and unique. It may be said that leathers treated in this way offer low resistance to scuffs, scratches and repeated rubbing, losing their shine especially on the corners and parts subjected to wear. However these characteristics should be considered as the assets, rather than the defects of craft products. Appreciating the product in this light and experiencing its natural evolution makes for a product which is unique, authentic and personal."

Oh Babs, you teach me about life even when you aren't trying to...

1 comment:

  1. Umm... I need to teach Doan to buy me surprise purse presents because I think that's brilliant... oh yeah, nice lesson too. :)

    ReplyDelete