10.7.09
I don't know your life (******)
I was in Starbucks buying some tea today and having a serious chat on the phone with one of my best friends. I usually hang up when I'm in a store, but I didn't want to be rude to my friend who was in the midst of an important story. Well the cheeky guy behind the counter picks up a banana (which by the way they sell now for .99 and they're all really pretty and not over-ripe) and starts pretending he's on the phone with it. I start to laugh and say "sorry", but he says "that's ok, I'm on the phone too". Although it was borderline awkward, since he was blantantly trying to make me feel bad for being on the phone, I found it to be quite amusing and well done. I remember working at Anthropologie and feeling like I was someone's servant while they chatted away on the phone and never acknowledged my presence as I rung them up and thinking it was pretty rude. Granted, I would have gotten in serious trouble for doing what he did, but hey--he was cute and it was clever and it made me laugh. Well played, Starbucks man, well played.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment