It was so great to spend an extended amount of time in GA last month. It was the longest I have been back since we moved away in 1999, and I had a great time exploring new and old haunts. Most of all it was great to be with friends that I don't see often enough. I am so blessed to have remained close to them after more than 10 years away. Crazy! Here are some pictorial highlights.
My dear friend Melanie's daughter, Lyla. So adorable, and SO happy!
Me and Ty--sure wish I had taken a picture of him in his Raggedy Andy Halloween costume!
Anna and Robert's daughter, Elizabeth Grace. Can't believe how grown up she is! It was SO special to spend three weeks at their house as a part of their family. She calls me "Yexi". Awww.
Stone Mountain, per my request. How can you not love that big ol' rock!
A fireside evening with Jody and Anne!
Longtime BFF Katie was in town from Italy and Brazil with her lovely Italian boyfriend, Andrea. What a life! So wonderful to see the whole family. Wish I had a picture of them all!
Anna and I. What a joy to have a best friend of 16 years. Love!!
Non-pictured highlights: Seeing Sope Creek and the Chattahoochee lined with fall foliage, driving through the old neighborhood, despite missing Higgins, drinking Caribou coffee, the maple sugar cotton candy at Ormsby's and discovering I'm pretty good at bochi ball, epic sandwiches at Alon's, lots of Chick-fil-a and Georgia Bulldogs.




No comments:
Post a Comment