So my wonderful mom sent me an email "confronting" my absense on this blog, and per usual, she was right. What was I thinking? Well mainly I was busy, what with gearing up for JJ's wedding, visiting all my Atlantas including the marvelous Elizabeth Grace, and living my complicated/amazing life--but the truth is I was also having an up and down month and not quite sure how to include my not so private blog in my personal and oft emotional day to day existence. But then I remembered that I am completely transparent and that anyone close enough to me to bother reading my blogs has already passed many an hour listening me verbally process these ups and downs so why not just be a modern gal, suck it up and add it to the blog--which is after all about living, loving, losing, loving, and living. And OH, have I been doing this.
So with my newfound committment to my own revolving revolution, here's whats been happening in a recap mode:
Jamey got married. YEA! It was so beautiful, so emotional, so uplifting and so insanely fun it's hard to capsize it into any sort of summary. Suffice it to say that it was so wonderful to be a part of all the love and support surrounding them, and to spend so much time with my amazing friends. Take a look at the pics on facebook for the highlights. I think we all know I love weddings, and I love a good party, AND a good mini Malibu vacation so it was the tops. It's really cool that when two people fall in and love and married they create this tornado of love and fun that the rest of their friends get to be sucked up into, deposited who knows where and a little disheveled, but in a for a good ride nonetheless. And I'm not going to lie, it was inspiring to see that kind of love up close--I won't say no to that when it comes this way.
I also went to Atlanta, and got to stay with my wonderful best friend and her husband, and hold their perfectly beautiful new baby. There really isn't anything like rocking a baby to sleep, the last one awake in a dark and quiet house. Plus seeing all the other people that mean so much to me, that have seen me grow up and know me so well was very comforting and a much needed jolt to my April. I've been feeling sort of out of place in my own life, having a hard time just being in it in the present, and they were exactly what I needed to bring me back. I love you guys so much, you reminded me who I am and where I've been and I needed it.
So with all these babies and weddings, you may be worried that I am on some sort of fast track, but don't worry, because I've spent the better part of the last weekend on the beach with my girlfriends--pizza, movies, boy craziness and LA summer. And it's only April! Can't wait to live out the rest of this summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment