So it has taken awhile, and some friendly nudging from my friends (mom that is you too) but here I am. I have missed you, bloggington. I have been 1. busy and 2. riding the tumultuous seas of my life and not really sure how to write about it.
So I had SO much fun in Atlanta and at JPs' wedding--so much in fact, that I can't even consolidate it into a post. I will say that I am SO blessed because I got to spend 11 days surrounded by my best friends and so much love, laughter, and a few tornadoes (well that part wasn't the highlight). The whole week has left me in a sort of high, which may or may not also have to do with the fact that it started feeling like SUMMER and I am SO excited.
The onset of summer has affected me in several ways:
1. It makes me want to eat summery food like lemony couscous, grilled chicken (on the boat--it just tastes better!), and things with cilantro and basil in them.. I find it amusing that my food cravings change so much when the season does. I hope you all will join me for boat/food nights soon.
2. Summer makes me boy crazy. I know this is really ridiculous, since I always have been, but summer just makes me feel entitled to having fun date nights. Unfortunately all my love arrows have been bouncing right off their subjects but watch out because I have more to throw.
3. Whether it is the heat or knowing there are so many people out and about, I want to be doing something out in LA all the time. I am all about curling up on my couch and watching some Felicity, but I feel like winter was the time for hibernating inside and now it's time to PLAY. I want to go star watching at the Griffith Park observatory, I want to ride my bike to the farmer's market, and eat all my meals at outdoor cafes.
4. I can't stop writing folksy songs including but not limited to one about a mermaid who falls in love with a lion, one about playing on the playground, and of course the now classic "Don't obssess just confess your love to me" which I co-wrote with my roommate. Anyone else up for some collaborations?
I can't say it is because of the change of season, because I have always been a dreamer and an incurable romantic but lately it's been even harder than usual for me to keep my feet on the ground. I often feel like I am a balloon, who at the slightest chance for freedom will escape away to the clouds. I am so nostalgic about the past, and so hopeful for the future that I have trouble enjoying the now. And let's be honest, I should be enjoying it because it is pretty grand. So this summer, or this week, or just for today that it what I'm striving for. Wish me well.
All the best!! I love summer too! It's definitely my favorite season. BBQs, sun dresses, and cool ice teas just hit the right spot. I am glad you had a nice time and your photos were lovely. xo
ReplyDelete