I have been juggling the pros and cons of entering the blog world for a while now. On one hand I always seem to have a LOT to say, but on the other hand it is often about nothing and/or unicorns, which I am pretty sure the general public has no interest in. A lot of my friends have blogs and I really enjoy reading them, but they all have babies or weddings or live in a foreign country which gives their blogs more of a theme or purpose, wheras I don't have any specific thing to blog about. It also feels a little self-centered to have a website devoted to myself, but in the end I decided that I love to write and find a lot of clarity and purpose through my writing, so here we are.
What can I expect from a Lexi blog you might ask? I don't have a concrete plan, but knowing me here are some of the varied topics on which I may ponder via the world wide web:
God
Relationships
Family
Scotland
Symbolism
Life in Los Angeles
My latest "obsessions" which could range from the newest flavor of Pinkberry to a book I am reading or the fact that gmail apparently has themes you can choose from to make your email page look like an upside-down ice cream world inhabited by the Powerpuff Girls (try it-I dare you!)
Words I make up (TRUTH: I thought the word "Lexicon" was something made up to describe all my original words until I was in high school--perhaps I am really self-centered?)
Dogs, iPhones, Dishwashers and other things I would like to have but do not
SO, if the references to mythiclogical creatures and the fact that I have no idea what I am doing didn't scare you off then Welcome! I hope what I have to say will make you think or laugh or just keep you busy while taking a break from your job/online shopping/cup of coffee/narwhal watching/etc.
27.2.09
What am I doing here?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
LA is like a foreign country for most folks, so you can lean on that! My blog pretty much sucks so no pressure...
ReplyDelete